The blog for http://www.donnacorigibson.com - A site for contemporary Catholic music featuring sung prayers - Musical Rosary, Sung Divine Mercy Chaplet, and word for word prayers from Scripture, Saints, and the Church. - Please visit to hear song samples.
______________________________________________

Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Last Gig...

...for quite a while, that is.  I just got back from CT where I just finished my LAST two concerts before I transition into "baby mode."  I've been getting quite burned out with all the traveling and I'm not sure if it's because I'm pregnant or because I'm large and uncomfortable or because it's just a hard lifestyle where I have to wait for the "benefits that are out of this world." \o/   It was a hard Lent and Spring with a lot of travel and a lot of work and some difficulties.  I asked God to make these last concerts a pleasure as a sign that I should continue this crazy lifestyle after my "baby break."  Flying to CT required a lot of airport hassle, 6 -7 hours flying time, long layovers and purgatory on the plane, many times over - really very typical.  I needed God to "speak to me." 

Boy, did I get a clear sign.  The people who attended the concerts were SO enthusiastic.  They heartily laughed at all my jokes, even the minor ones, and were eager to clap, even though I had to keep reminding them not to.  They sang with gusto.  They were rapt with attention, always interacting,  and I even got so many comments at how much they loved the talking (which was a little more lengthy than usual, even.)  So many people came up to talk with me, sales were good, audio techs were very accommodating with no attitudes and even stayed for and enjoyed the concerts, and the hospitality was very, very thoughtful.  It was just lovely and just the encouragement I needed to want to eventually want to continue this craziness.  I really was not expecting all this from CT and was pleasantly surprised.  Oh, thank you, thank you, Lord, for inspiring your people in CT.  Bless them all.

Now, I have a lot of "nesting" to do these last 3 months, some summer fun to have with the kids, some early homeschooling so we can take time off when baby arrives, and a little "honeymooning" with our new addition in the Fall.  I will keep you posted and may even share the song I've written for baby Benjimin in a future post.  It's really great - if I can just remember it! 

2 comments:

paladin said...

...and don't forget my (very real) offer of pro-bono math tutoring over e-mail (or other social medium), if it ever comes in handy...! (I'm a sucker for home-schoolers, even if they're not running about performing wonderful music!) :)

Grateful said...

I was at one of your concerts in CT. You were AMAZING!