The blog for http://www.donnacorigibson.com - A site for contemporary Catholic music featuring sung prayers - Musical Rosary, Sung Divine Mercy Chaplet, and word for word prayers from Scripture, Saints, and the Church. - Please visit to hear song samples.
______________________________________________

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Premier

The Way of the Cross premier went off without a hitch on the first Fri. of Lent at Christ the King Church in Milwaukee, OR. We had 350 people and all seemed very moved. The accompanying video really made it a uniquely engaging experience. We went through alot of tissues.

I never had a premier before. the Our Catholic Faith presentation just kind of evolved and changes every time I come out with a new album and delete and add more songs to it. It is different for almost every parish or occasion and depends on the season, so it's not really a set program like this Way of the Cross is. I now have enough songs for 2 different Our Catholic Faith programs.

So far, I've giving 2 WoC concerts and both churches invited me back for the same time next year and might make it a yearly tradition. That being said, I work on a first come, first serve basis, so if you are interested in having a Stations (WoC) concert at your parish for next year, I suggest you book early. Right now, the first week of Lent I'm going to be in the OR and WA area. If you are in OR, I'd like to offer you that first Sunday in Lent. I will stay as long as I have concerts in OR and then start booking back up north through WA and home to Snohomish, WA. If there is enough interest, I would like to stay local since I will be traveling with baby (oh, fun), but otherwise, the rest of Lent, I will open up to other states. I already have NC and AZ interested. Let me know!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you receive the local interest you desire for next Lenten season. If not, an AZ concert would be most excellent. I would contribute to that travel expense. Thank you for sharing your talents in such a way to help others, such as myself, on our own faith journey.